Professional Freelance Makeup Artist
Freelance Makeup Artist, Dare By Keena — 2008 - Present Owner/Operator of Dare by Keena specializing in Fashion Editorial, Bridal, Beauty Makeup services. Maintain proper sanitize and hygiene practices with each client. Clear understanding of period makeup and current trends. Excellent time management skills in a faced paced environment. Strong interpersonal skills to ensure client is comfortable before, after, and during makeup application/consultation.
Intern/Assistant, Conceptual Beauty — 2013 - Present Assisted with beauty events. Trained with Senior artist Christin Michele on contracted appointments and business operations.
Instructor and Makeup Artist, Playing in Paint — 2014 - 2015 Makeup Artist instructor for basic principles on makeup application and design.
Make Up For Ever —Workshop/Seminar DC, 2014, Glamorous Bridal, Editorial Evolution, Color Theory: Correction & Design, Camera Ready: Special Event & Red Carpet, Prince George’s Community College, Fall 2014, Webinars by Various Celebrity Makeup Artist, International Makeup Trade Show Seminars NYC 2013/2015, The Makeup Show Seminar NYC 2015
- Wjla/Channel 8 Good Morning Washington- "Mother of the Year"Mother's Day Glam edition. Completed services for Heather, Owner Beauty in a Beat, and Toya Graham -
- Zele Magazine December 2013
- BeauNu Magazine Holiday Mini Issue December 2013
- Zele Magazine Jan/Feb 2014
- Cinamagic Magazine February 2014
- BellaPetite Magazine April 2014 http://bellapetite.com/petite-model-chardae-bazemore-for-petite-women.html
- Alpha Fashion Magazine June 2014
- Editorial Magazine July 2014
- Black Bride (http://www.blackbride.com/2014/08/07/real-engagement-washington-d-c-ashley-nathaniel/) August 2014
- POSE Magazine September 2014
- Fashion Avenue News Magazine (Cover) December 2014
- BeauNU Magazine Bridal December 2014
Makeup Artist. Dog Lover. Ice-cream Enthusiast.
Rather than writing a bio and stuffing it with things about me that I suspect no one would want to read, I decided to ask my followers, friends, and family what they would like to know about me.
- What's your favorite movie? Finding Nemo
- What's your favorite book? The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho; Making Faces by Kevin Aucoin
- If you have to choose would it be passion or skill? PASSION! What's life without it? It gives so much meaning and purpose to whatever you choose to do!
- Who's your favorite musician? Die hard Janet Jackson fan for LIFE but I have a love affair with Rihanna!!!! Those women! I love them both equally and differently!
- Makeup petpeeve- Ahhh, I truly believe with any art form the art itself is relative. So many different trends and styles you should have freedom to express yourself however you choose. I try to be uplifting and encouraging to all artists no matter the skill level. Sometimes people can be cruel and tear you apart and judge others for being different or inexperienced when that's ok. We all started somewhere.
- If you could hop in a time machine and meet yourself in the past with one piece of advice, what would it be? The best advice to give my younger self would be just to be authentic and be who you want to be and do the things that truly make you happy.
- What is your favorite beverage? Club soda with fresh lime! YUM!